Saturday, April 10, 2004

Went out to get groceries for the next week, to the tiny city centre of the town where I stay. I wanted to go there early instead of my usual evening timing because I wanted to read, yes, after a hiatus of I suspect a year, I wanted to try and get back to the rhythm of reading fiction once again. I guess that discussion with lainey inspired me, gave me the impetus to try and do the things that I used to do, I mean i guess when you've tried to break out of your own body, therefore assuming that there is a soul and you are trapped by a mortal shell, mmm anyway, I guess the only direction you can go is up, at least something or someone kicks you down again, which is of course a common occurrence in my life.l Anyway, I went to the second hand book store looking for something to kickstart my reading, which was at a peak during NS. I scanned through the shelves for a book to read and Don DeLillo's Cosmopolis practically screamed out. I don't know why, partly because Lainey recommended the writer and Vaya (Not that I know her, I just followed Lainey's link to her blog) describes the book to some detail. And so I bought it. Hopefully I can read it. Hopefully, this can return me to my days of quiet literary appreciation. Hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home